A Travellerspoint blog

Entry #3 Leaving for Peru

Better late than never

0 °F

Leaving for Peru – January 6, 2006

My last day at home was intense with lots of things to do. I thought I had left myself enough time to finish the house, pack my clothes and even sleep before I got on the plane but sleep was the one thing that had to go. Looking back on the day, I realize that I created a day where I was so busy and so focused on getting out the door that I did not have time to focus on how I was feeling. A little scared, a little sad, and when I allowed myself the luxury, a lot excited.

As I mentioned earlier, Arlene was a godsend with the packing of the kitchen. Lana and I rendezvoused to leave the car in Elizabeth and then I was shuttled home to pack. I packed in a hurry and had 4 times more stuff than would fit, so I made quick (and not always the wisest) decisions and loaded my two bags. (Half way through the fight from Dallas to Lima, I realized I had no shampoo with me!) Bill Scebbi at 5:05 in the am arrived to whisk me away to the airport. A few tears for the kitten children and then off.

I had an 8:00 am flight and even with them eyeing my new computer with great interest, I was still at the gate ready to go at 6:20 am. Dallas has a lovely international terminal, where I exchanged money into Pervuian Soles and Quen had his first photo of the trip. He was so noisy in his excitement that he had to be placed in the carry on so that the rest of the plane could sleep.

Quen in Airport.jpg

Nothing remarkable to report on either flight. Immigration was fine and then the first of many, I assume, revelations about international airline luggage carts. The Peruvian ones where large enough and seemed to move easily enough, once you figured out how to unattach it from the one in front of it. They have some short of braking mechanism in the handle that flummoxed most of us for while.

Julie, wife of one of the owners of Hostel Torreblanco, met me with a sign that said Global Volunteers (GV from now on). Being met in an international airport by someone who is looking for you is such a wonderful thing. I adore being met at airports! She and I talked for 30 minutes during the drive to the hostel that was in Miraflores, a suburb of Lima. Having a distraction so that I did not have to watch the amazing traffic and driving was indeed a blessing. Early research has found that the most used piece of equipment on the cars and buses in Peru appeared to be the horn, the least used, the turn signal. More about this later. We are staying in Miraflores because it is closer to the orphanage and safer than downtown Lima.

In my room by 10pm with a sleeping pill, eyeshade, earplugs and no need to get up any earlier that I wanted. Life is good.

January 7, 2006

Up at noon, what a good sleep I had and then down to the lobby to begin investigating my new surroundings.

I had a single room for my first night but knew that I would have a roommate for the remainder of my stay, so I changed to a double room before my ramble. My new room overlooks the inner courtyard and the bathroom window is directly over the main entrance to the hostel and the traffic circle. The road noise will be an interesting experience. Then with a map with a 45-minute walking route that included the last leg by the Pacific Ocean, off I trekked to find shampoo, Kleenex, local candy and lunch.

The first thing I noticed during my walk was how clean the streets where. I found out later that this was implemented by the current president of Peru, President Toledo, who will leave office in July of this year. Over the next two weeks, I would see small armies of people dressed in bright green uniforms, some with dust masks in place, cleaning, sweeping diligently and even using a broom and handled dust pan to collect stuff from the gutters on both sides of the streets.

I found a pharmacy and bought shampoo, hand lotion, box of Kleenex, wonderful cookies and took time to browse to see what they had. All the guidebooks always give you a list of things to bring with you, as they can be hard to find abroad. Everything I would need appeared to be available, therefore I don’t regret leaving a lot of different supplies at home. I huge sigh of relief. If Peru has it, most places will have it.

I ended up walking through a major food and shopping district that included numerous travel agencies and all the airline offices. One McDonalds that I went into to see if they were offering anything local, but the menu appeared to be the same as in the US and it was packed with hungry locals. Found a movie complex showing Narnia, Elizabethtown and History of Violence, with different shows in English and Spanish depending on the time.

Ended the walk at the coast, even though I was high above the actual beach at an upscale shopping center with boutique shops. Decided to go back to the grocery store and pick up lunch stuff instead.

The temperature was in the 80’s with a decent breeze, but while in the sun, it was hot and easy to burn. Found the grocery store and picked up yoghurt, bottles of water (the tap water is unsafe to drink, even the locals don’t drink it), cheese, bread, more candy and an empanada (meat pie filled with beef). My Spanish is tentative but effective, but I will I walk with my Spanish dictionary wherever I go. The funny thing I found was that I would start my sentences in Spanish and yet want to say please and thank you in French. (I did it a few times with the GV group and we all laughed).

Back to the hostel to eat lunch and read all my information so I would be up to speed for tomorrow when I meet the group and we go through orientation.

There is also a take-one-leave-one bookshelf in the lobby so I looked to see if there is anything interesting. The lobby also has a computer with Internet access that I can use to check e-mails, daily if possible

That night as I was checking my e-mail, a girl was waiting to use the machine and she turned out to be Kim, a GV from New York. We had dinner together and during dinner, another lady arrived and asked if she could join us and she was Jean, my roommate, from North Carolina. I have a list with all their names somewhere, but I know most of them just by their first names.

Jean and I settled in. Our room is tiny and only one of us can be in the aisles between the beds or heading to the bathroom at one time, but at least we have windows across from each other so we can have a breeze. That is if we can stand the road noise. I wonder what I will learn about myself over the next two weeks?

Sunday, January 8

During orientation, we find that we are 11, ranging in ages from 19 to 74. Bob #1 and Myrna are the oldest and are from upstate New York. They have done two other GV trips to Costa Rica and Ecuador.

Mary is Hispanic, a nurse from Orange County and did a GV trip to China. We will want to keep her near at hand for assistance with our Spanish.

Next are Mitzi and her adopted Indian daughter Alicia from St. Paul. This is a first GV trip for each of them and for only one week.

Patty is from Sacramento (19) and this is her first international trip. Her luggage is somewhere between the US and Peru but she is being a good sport about it.

Barb from Lancaster County PA is a hoot, 46, part owner of a Chem lawn business and a real go-getter. This is her first GV trip and she is also only with us for one week as she will be walking the Inca trail for 4 days to see Machu Picchu.

Kim, from last night, also has parents who were from India is from New York and is planning to begin her Master’s when she returns to the States.

Roommate Jean is a retired school psychologist married to a PhD in Psychology and has been on a GV trip to China. She has a big heart, asks lots of questions, knows lots of good books to read and has many interesting stories.

That bring us to 10 with me and our last person is Bob #2, so named because we had already begun introductions and name games and the name Bob was already taken. He is 48, turning 49 at Machu Picchu, an art gallery owner from Santa Fe and previous worked with GV in Jamaica.

Mili ( Milagros = Miracles) Flores Chamachumbi is our in country director and leader. She is Peruvian, 25 and we are the first team that she is leading by herself. She has great English, a wonderful sense of humor and had been doing her internship at the orphanage for her BS in psychology. She is about ready to present her thesis to get her BS, take the licensing exam and if she passes, can then go on for her MS.

She has her hands full because many of us have strong personalities and want so badly to help (as we see it) that we can’t avoid offering well meaning but sometimes-unsolicited suggestions. Mili told us we must think like Peruvians and not like Americans. I asked her part way through the trip is we were as difficult as the toddler and kindergarteners and she just smiled and looked at me. Hmmmmmmm?

Orientation included getting to know you games, what makes a good team, team goals, description of the programs to we can do to assist the orphanage, general topics such as safety and what to expect and the list of evening dinners and activities. The weekend we have off and we are offered an excursion to Paracas (to the see the poor mans Galapagos and the Nazca lines), or there are local tours of museums to see.

Mili explained the most important part of our experience would be FLEXIBILITY. Our first time to practice this was during the picking of our projects. Mili indicated that the entire nation is on summer vacation and school break and therefore, most of the kids have gone home, if they have families. Therefore, we will only have 150 kids instead of the usual 550 during regular school. We will sign up for 2 projects, but we may find that we need to be FLEXIBLE if a need is greater in another area.

My first chance at flexibility comes when I find out that there were no little babies to hold. Sigh, no one to sing lullabies to, or so I thought!

The projects from which we could select (1 in the am, 1 in the pm) included:

AM projects
Summer school – go with the kids off campus to another sight for mainly outdoor fun activities that might include swimming.
Toddlers – play with the smallest guys (1-3 years) and possibly assist with feeding.
Boy’s bathroom construction project – in the dorms for the oldest boys, there were not stalls around all the toilets. The Brother who oversees that area in really interested in us at least starting this project.
Clinic duty – this is for one hour only and is for us to visit and play with those in the infirmary.

PM projects
Outdoors with the oldest boys – This mainly includes soccer
Teaching English to the older girls – This was supposed to be teaching English, but turned into assisting the Nun with knitting, cooking and sewing workshops
Playing with the kindergarteners – the was mostly play ground guards, with occasional quiet time with learning games and short projects
Siblings group – As the children are separated into age groups and by sexes, some siblings don’t get to see each other. This is a chance for them to have some time together and to play.
Sweet Dreams - This is where volunteers go in to say good night to the 3-5’s. It is done pretty early right after their dinner, so they don’t really sleep, but they are restricted to their dorms.

I signed up for Toddlers and Siblings and Sweet dreams on Wed of the first week.

We then went on a four hour city tour of Lima and saw the main cathedral & catacombs, the main post office, residence of the president, palace of justice (injustice according to our guide), and went through the area where most of the embassy’s and politicians live.

Downtown Lima is big, noisy and a little scary. It is a city of many contrasts with the poorest of the poor living within eyesight of the very rich. Even though Lima is on the coast, it never receives any rain. All of the rivers were dry and the city was dusty and hot. People are everywhere trying to sell you things, shine your shoes, and lure you in to their restaurant or shop, anything to make money. At traffic lights (which are very few) little boys appear in the cross walk and juggle or do tricks for money. In addition, as you are stopped, people walk up and down with everything from soft drinks and food, to batteries, hats and souvenirs. There isn’t a lot of out-and-out begging to be seen, but when you want to take a photo that might include a specific person, you should have your small change ready, because they expect a tip.

The dogs on the streets are almost always males (not a neuter in sight) and a ragtag bunch. If we have Heinz 57, these are Heinz 114. Thin and hungry looking, they don’t make eye contact and don’t appear to be owned by anyone. They aren’t aggressive, but know that they are low on the chain. The guidebook said to be very aware in Lima and I am glad I am there with a group.

We return to have dinner in our hotel and to have our first Pisco Sour, a drink made from the native brandy called Pisco. It is excellent, like a whiskey sour, and we all have one, as the drinking age in Peru is 18. We all begin to bond and exchange stories and look forward to our first day with kids.

Posted by ladyjanes 21:54 Archived in Peru Tagged armchair_travel Comments (0)

Entry A - Itinerary for 2006

And Away I go!

sunny 0 °F

Hello Group,

I realize that I did send the itinerary to you guys before I left. Sorry. Here it is.

Jan 6-21 Lima Peru, Global Volunteer placement working at the orphanage
Jan 21-23 Cuzco Peru, acclimating to the altitude
Jan 23-25 Aquas Calientes Peru - viewing Machu Picchu
Jan 25-27 Arequipa Peru - Colonial City and Colca Canyon
Jan 27-29 Chiclayo Peru - Major exhibit Senor of Sipan
Jan 30-Feb 3 Trujillo Peru - Chan Chan ruins
Feb 3-9 Saint Eulalia - Dances of Universal Peace
Feb 9 Leave for Santiago Chile - sleep in the airport

Feb 10-14 Easter Island Chile - looking at massive stone heads
Feb 15 Chile to Auckland in route to Thailand
Feb 18 Arrive in Bangkok - lose 2 days in transit

Feb 20-Mar 5 Khorat Thailand- Earthwatch archeological dig on society thought to build Angkor Wat in Cambodia
Mar 6-10 Angkor Wat in Cambodia
Mar 10-16 Various places in Thailand including River Kwai horse camp and Bangkok revisiting old favorites

Mar 16-21 Bali - Not sure what I will do here. Maybe just relax and catçh up on my blog.

Mar 21-25 Auckland NZ - Relax and prepare for the next placement

Mar 25-Ap 15 Cook Islands with Global Volunteers - teaching english and other projects.


May 9-May 23 Australia - Earthwatch placement near MacKay with Koala´s
May 23-June 2 Time off for excursion
June 2-15 I to I placement near Rockhampton with Wallabys
June 15-24 Time off for excursion
June 24-July 7 Earthwatch placement on Kangaroo Island off Adelaide with Echidna´s

July 13 - 16 Through Hong Kong on route to Sri Lanka

July 16-Aug 15 Sri Landa - I to I placement in elephant orphanage

Aug 15-24 Hong Kong to rest and sight see

Aug 25 - 9-21 South Africa - near Kruger National Park - Enkosini placement with baboons
Sept 23-Nov 4 Capetown - Enkosini placement with Penguins
Nov 5-19 Near Kruger NP - I to I placement with Lions

Nov 20- Dec 1 Madrid Spain - Vaughan Village placement - speaking english to Spanish business people.

Dec 2-23 Romania near Bucharest - Global Volunteers placement with orphans.

Dec 23-30?? England - rest and relax

??? Back in the US via Chicago to get to Philly

?? Back in Denver

Things between Jan and March are set. Deposits have been made for the I to I placements and EW placement through July. Everything else is tentative, but a probable go unless something really special shows up.

Will try and post actual PERU entries with photos soon. Just as soon as I find a Starbucks, that is.

Love to all and thanks for you love, encouragement and support.

Gypsy Jane

Posted by ladyjanes 13:04 Archived in USA Tagged armchair_travel Comments (2)

Entry #5 How I spent my first weekend in Peru

I know it is summer here, but really!

sunny 0 °F

Peru, the land of 5 different environments. I have seen two of the 5, beach and desert.

For the weekend, Jean, my room mate from North Carolina, Mary from Calfornia and I went to Paracas to see the Isla Ballesta (the poor mans Galapagos) and Nazca, where we flew over the desert to see the famous lines in the sand.

The day began at 4am, as we had a 4 hour drive to Paracas and the to meet the boat at 8:00 am. We were told at the police check points to indicate that we were all family as the police are looking for kidnappers and drugs. Uneventful, except for 4 check points and we made it in time. In Paracas, we met the boat to take us the the island. The boat had an open top and we were encouraged to protect our camers and cover our head as we might take direct hits from the birds. After a half hour trip, we were in sight of the island that appeared white from the distance. (White = bird poop or guano). As we got closer, thousands of birds flew above us and if you could imagine it, you felt that you were one of them.

The island is a nature preserve and we did not land on it, but cruised around to the various inlets and looked through the arches to the other side. We saw Humbolt Penquins(I now have seen 3 of the 18 types, 15 to go), Peruvian Terns, Peruvian Boobies (Large birds that look like gulls, except they have a lot longer necks), literally millions of Cormorants, pelicans and gulls. Also spoted were thousands of South American Sea Lions (not seals who have ears), orange star fish, sea stars, sea urchins, sea anemonies and mussels and literally tons of guano. It is harvested annually so there are several piers and pulley platforms for the crews to use. It ends up as fertilizer that is sold to lots of foreign countries including the US.

After this trip, we set of to Huachachina but not before we stopped at a local bodega (winery) that specializes in Peru´s national drink PISCO, a 40% brandy made of white grapes. It begins with stamping the grapes by foot, yes, by foot, pressing the skins with a 2 ton wooden press, stored in open bottella )ceramic jugs for 10 days, then one year storage in cement bins and finally, bottling. The straight stuff will put hair on your chest and a little goes a long way. Two bottles bought and will be sampled at the welcome home party that will includ PISCO Sours. YUMMY.

Back in the car where it is hot hot hot 95 degrees and no air conditioning except for 4 60 air conditioning. (all 4 windows open and going at least 60 miles per hour). The landscape resembled my imagination of Mars including dunes of sand or rocks, flat straight roads, not a person, beast or plant in sight. We were happy to arrive in Huachachina for lunch ( which is what I imagine Saudi Arabia looks like). HUGE sand dunes with an oasis of water surrounder by palm trees. Lunch was chinese like food and I felt it lead to my health downfall until Monday when I found out others had the same trouble without the chinese food.

Back in the car for 4 more hours across the Mars landscape to the town of Nazca and the fameous lines. While Mary and Jean snoozed in the back seat, Pablo and I discussed the world and all of its wonders. He is half owner of the hotel, college educated and was missing a family reunion to take us on this excursion. He was very sweet and very interesting to talk to. Slightly before Nazca, we came across a miradore( 4 story tower that looked like something that fireman in training would use to run up with heavy hoses) which overlooked two the othe lines we would see tomorrow. The climb was a welcome distraction from the heat of the car and the wind was amazing across the lines. We saw the Tree and the Hand and could see in the distance part of the large image that was cut in half my the highway. Apparantly, the lines were not discovered until after the highway was in process.

We got to the hotel and loved our rooms mainly because no street noise, overhead ceiling fans and a room 3 times the size of ours back in Lima. The one draw back that I found three times and Jean found once was the wooden bedframes that leapt out and bit my knees or shins whenever I passed. I am afraid I send things stronger than FARKLE when I was bitten.

Sunday morning found us up-and-at-em at 7:00 am for a 7:45 flight. No breakfast, as the planes are small and they alternately bank sharply right and left so that everyone has a great view of the lines. I began the morning with time in the bathroom and the beginning of the Peruvian panic( diarrhea ). Pepto to the rescue and tums to settle the stomach and quick prayer to the divine that nothing else happened while I was in the air.

We watched several planes take off before us and we realized, we were only one of five different companies running flights above the lines. 6 seats with Jean with the pilot, Mary and I behind and a couple from OZ in the back. Only 45 minutes in the air, but that gave us time to see the closest 15 of over 75 lines in the area. Some of them includes the space man, spider, dog, hummingbird(my favorite), condor, alcatraz (we never could decide if it was a bird, dragon or lizard) and several others. My photos were not great, so we will depend on postcards to view these wonders. Many of them are very faint and in danger of further erosion with water flows and wind. They have lasted over 400 years amd the best part of this trip, not one of us had to use the cute little plastic bags.

With 7 hours in the car across the salt flats again, we wanted to leave the area by 11 am in order to make dinner with our group at 7:00 pm in Lima.

Before we left, we did see a local artisan in gold mining and another potter who follows the old ways of pottery including using baby hair brushes and local rocks pulverized to supply the muted, yet lovely colors.

The gold mining exhibition was amazing to watch. The family that owns the mine, hires men (which means their entire families help in the processing of the rocks) after dad huffs it down the mountin.

The miners hand pick the rocks with rough tools and get the rocks to the size of base balls. They carry then in 60+ pound sack 15 KM down the mountain on their backs. Next the rocks are tumbled in something resembling a lottery ball mixer (2-3 hours by hand) until the rocks are the size of golf balls. Then the entire family helps as the rock and pulverized under huge wedge shaped rocks in a depression that is filled with water with a drain at one end. On top of the rock is a plank and dad, and usually several of the kids rock the rock back and forth similarly to a teeter totter until the golf ball rocks are reduces to a fine rubble. (5-6 hours). The rubble is then dried and then the process of arsenic is used to extract the gold from the redish rubble and finally, the arsenic is heated and evaported away to expose the gold. (They are aware of the dangers of arsenic so that evaporation process takes place in a sealed unit so that the arsenic is contained. I hope it works. Each sack yields the vast quantity of 1 ounce of gold.

Then we went to the artisan potter who uses the local red clay, makes his own colors from rocks which he pulverizes and mixes and then uses a baby hair brush, just as the ancient Inca did in their pottery. He showed us an antique brush and then the one that he uses. After the colors are dried, he oils the pieces with facial oil from the outside of his nose (yes he does!) and believe it or not, it gives a nice polish to the piece. Then the pieces are fired for 12 hours in a kiln and taa daa!, they are ready for sale.

The pieces that Jean and I selected had not been fired and therefore, they cannot be washed until they are. As I did not want to send a huge piece home, I bought a small piece as a gift for someone and will mail it to the US just as I leave Peru.

It was wheels up at 11:00 am with only one more stop to make. The home of Maria Reicht(sp?) the German Mathematician who studied the lines all of her life. Before her death at the age of 85, she was make an honorary citizen of Peru. Bless her heart, she worked on the lines until her death, and was blind for her last 20 years and had Parkinsons disease. She was transported out the to lines in her final years on the back of a kindly peruvian. The museum was tasteful and my delight as a small alpaca walked by and folded his knees and lay down so that I could take his photo. NO touching but very photogenic.

7 hours in the car with two of the three of us feeling less than fabulous, with 4 60 air conditioning and Pablo saying we will make it time. We did(just) and we even stopped for lunch where they ate and I had Agua!

Pablo had indicated that it was better if we plan to be a KM marked 60 after 4pm, becuase on Sundays during the summer, ALL THE LANES GO INTO LIMA. The entire population is aware of this and at 4 pm, all the lanes lead into Lima on both sides of the meridian. We were no where close to KM 60 by 4pm, so Pablo upped his evasive driving techniques as we pelted towards LIma. Pablo called the hotel to say that as soon as any of our party were at the hotel to call him at his cell phone.

At 6:10, we go the call and he said that we would be at the hotel at 6:30. We finally arrived at 6:55 and were told later that we all looked exhausted. ( I can´t imagine why). The group graciously waited for us to at least pee before we went out for pizza.

I would not have missed it for the world. I learned a lot of interesting things including that I will not plan any major excursion for the weekends when I am on a placement. We slept quickly and waited for week two to begin.

Posted by ladyjanes 05:11 Archived in Peru Tagged postcards Comments (2)

Entry #2 I made it to Peru

Frist day in South America

semi-overcast 0 °F

I am here!!!!! Thanks to three special people who helped me tremendously my last day.
1. Lana Calhoun, who is generously looking after my car.}
2. Bill Scebbi, for the 5 am run to the airport. Bill, I was through the lines and at the gate by 15 to 6.

and Now 3. Arlene Rapal. This angel came over to pcik up a few items and ended up packing my kitchen like a pro. Without her help, i would have been reduced to tears and would not have gotten where I needed to be to leave. If you ever need packing help, I RECOMMEND ARLENE!

I am not at my maching so please excuse the typing.

I have just met up with another volunteer Kim, who has already been to Machu Pichu. I will be getting all the details at dinner.

I am staying in Miraflores, which is a suburb of Lima and we are right on the PACIFIC.

My hair is a riot of curls and my skins looks MARVELOUS. Drying my laundry will be another matter.

The people have been lovely and friendly and very generous with me and myh limited Spanish.

More after dinner.}

Love Gypsy Jane

Posted by ladyjanes 15:57 Archived in Peru Tagged postcards Comments (3)

Entry #1 T minus 4 and counting

Heading down the final hill on the roller coaster and the loading bay is in sight!

sunny 0 °F

Hello travel fans!

Yes, the final week has arrived and the house is sight to behold. Boxes everywhere, large black trash bags full of donations in the launching station at the front door as the car is packed to the gills with things to go to ARC.

Here is picture of what the living room looked like the night I finalized my itinerary on paper.

An Itineary at last!.jpg

The tenant/cat sitter is currently still searching for this wonderful opportunity for cat companionship and retreat space. If you have any candidates, please feel free to contact Karen Stickland at 303/716-0146 (the cat's personal friend, secretary and interview agent) or my rental agent Tamara Vander Vliet at 303/832-8312. Both of these ladies know the details of the space and the arrangments and can answer any questions.

I am getting very excited as I am talking to people and can't believe the last 5 weeks have just flown past.

People keep asking if I am traveling by myself and now the answer is NO! Don't get too excited, it is not a human.

Quen (pronounced Kwin), short for Quentin Everest Deverill, will be accompanying me around the world. He is currently packing in the kitchen (see photo) or he would send his own personal message. We have already been planning some of his photos and he is very excited about Peru, NZ and Australia and the possibility of seeing some cousins, etc.

Quen in the kitchen.jpg

Quen's outlook on life is " Quite Easily Done" and that will be the watch word for the year.

Quen and I would like to say special thank you's to everyone who has helped in the last few weeks to get us out the door, Karen Stickland, Tamara Vander Vliet, Brett at Companion Pet Service, Bill, Sherry and Ryan Scebbi, Ray and Angela Berry, Peter Hughes and Shane Delavan, Diane Ahonen (not a complete list).

Also special thank you's to everyone who contributed little things to take with me such as the fabulous custom made computer bag from MKICOUNTRY.com from Carole Wood, my new boots and socks c/o Meredith, sheets and bug spray c/o Sharon (I am walking in love), good smellies and lovely dangles from Annemarie, Susy and Bonnie Hickey (12 special items muchly appreciated), packable photo album from Paulette, my carry on luggage and Master Quen from Miss Lana, scarf from Mary, and the lovely bracelet from Janis.

I have also been incredibly well fed both bodily and spiritually these last few weeks with dinners, lunches, cups of coffee, send off parties and tons of hugs and kisses. Robbie and David, the champagne was FABU!

I am so blessed with my friends. Thank you.

We are sigining off because Quen is insisting that we turn our attention to the downstairs and start moving all the boxes up the the top for storage.

Peter and I at the party.


Posted by ladyjanes 09:53 Archived in USA Tagged packing Comments (0)

(Entries 71 - 75 of 78) « Page .. 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 »